Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Are Family shows under attack?







I was recently informed one of my FAVORITE shows is now cancelled. This show happened to be on ABC. It was a wonderfully imaginative fantasy filled show. It is a show you can watch with the WHOLE family. I'm literally heartbroken over it because it was a quality show. Not only for this reason but because it was my father who turned me onto this show while he was in the hospital last year. It was one of the few shows that cheered him up. The show was Pushing Daises. How many of you have watched this show?

I have found it increasingly harder to find shows in which you DON'T have to change the channel or cover your child's eyes multiple times because of inappropriate content.
My solution: No more prime time television with the children.

I have watched the family channel, The Disney channel, Nickelodeon etc... and yet I still find inappropriate content and behavior. Sometimes I am downright appalled!
What is going on? Who deems this junk appropriate for my children?

I would love to know what shows you deem safe for your children to watch?
And for those of you who are step-parents, how do your children adjust to NOT being able to watch all the shows they get to watch when they are at the other parents home?

Would love some feedback.


1 comment:

Katherine B. said...

Oh I LOVED that show too!! It's terrible how quick the good one's get canceled.